The Top 10 Most Unhealthy Foods
Ever since we were little, we were told to eat our fruits and vegetables, and to avoid those sugary snacks that our mouths salivate for… yeah, right! Is that why more than 50% of deaths in North America (especially men) are caused by cardiovascular disease, mostly related to unhealthy eating habits?
1. Quaker Oats 100 % Natural Oats and Honey Granola contain 3 teaspoons of sugar per half cup, and come laden with more artery-clogging fat than a McDonald’s hamburger.
2. Gwaltney Great Dogs Chicken Franks contain 10 or 11 grams of fat per frank. Most hotdog manufacturers now offer pork, beef, turkey, or soy franks with zero to 2.5 grams of fat per frank.
3. Entemann’s Rich Frosted Donut Variety Pack has as much saturated fat as 9 strips of bacon (10 grams).
4. Nissin Cup Noodles with Shrimp contain pre-fried and pre-salted noodles, compounded by the practice of using artery-clogging palm oil. They add 6 times as much sodium to the noodles as potato chips contain.
5. Frito-Lay’s Wow Potato Chips are fried in olestra, a recently formulated fat substitute that some people cannot digest.